Saturday, January 23, 2016

Énouement

The bittersweetness of having arrived in the future, seeing how things turn out, but not being able to tell your past self.

(I am still living it down.)

I found a list of uncommon and very specific, relatable words a while ago that seem to fit the bill.

Monachopsis - the subtle but persistent sensation of being out of place.

I really am trying. I just can't help feeling that I'm lying to myself. I don't want to be with someone and think constantly of someone else, but I cling to the reality that I've squandered the ultimate opportunity and can only hope that looking into the eyes of another will help me let go. I want to live in the now.

I'm tired of the infinite battle storming through my head.  A jouska of anechdoche. I tell myself that I'm teaching myself the ultimate lesson in life, but more often I just feel sorry for myself.

Ellipsism - the sadness of knowing you'll never know how history plays out.

On another note, my trip to Yosemite was filled with vemödalen: The frustration of photographic something amazing when thousands of identical photos already exist.  Absolutely hands down the most gorgeous park I've ever been to.

No comments:

Post a Comment